Mellow Miso Dressing
Gentle on the palate. A wonderfully mild flavor, not tangy despite the vinegar; not sweet despite the sweetener; not salty despite the miso. Serves 2, or multiply measurements.
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 tbsp vinegar, apple cider
- 2 tbsp oil, unprocessed (olive, sunflower, cod liver, etc.)
- 1 tbsp raw agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 tsp each basil, oregano, dill
- 1 tsp xanthan gum, lecithin, or other emulsifier (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl or cup. The miso will take some mashing with, say, the back of a spoon to get it to mix in.
If you use an emulsifier, it won't change the flavor, but will keep the oil mixed with the other liquids. This is not very important if you make a small amount and use it all at one sitting; for a larger amount, you'll have to shake the bottle unless you emulsify.