A hearty, nutritious dip, similar to guacamole but tangier. Makes a cup or two, depending on the size of the avocado.
- 1 avocado, ripe and pitted
- 1 heaping tbsp brown miso*
- 1/2 lemon, juice and pulp (or 3 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp oil (virgin olive, cod liver, sunflower, etc.)
- 1 tsp each ginger, turmeric, pepper
- 1 pinch Real salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mashing the avocado in the process. Serve with pita bread or assorted chips such as organic tortilla chips, sweet potato chips, etc.
* Miso is made primarily from fermented soybeans, which is more nutritious than non-fermented soy. Brown miso has a stronger, saltier flavor than white miso. Both may be available in the foreign foods aisle of your market.