Grain-Free Banana Pancakes
Having only three main ingredients makes these easy. Good for breakfast or even dessert! Makes about 6 small cakes.
- 1 banana, ripe or overripe
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond butter, tahini (sesame butter), or peanut butter
- Dash salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for frying (butter burns more easily)
- Grade C maple syrup*, raw agave nectar, or raw honey if desired
Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork or mixer. Stir in egg, almond butter, cinnamon, and salt.
Melt coconut oil in a pan on medium heat...these will brown without high heat. Spoon or pour out small cakes. Flip when edges begin to brown and the cakes hold their shape when flipped.
Add more oil as needed to keep the pan lubricated.
Serve warm; drizzle with syrup and/or butter if desired, but taste them first. The banana, being naturally sweet and moist, makes them sweet enough, and they won't be dry in the mouth as grain pancakes often are.
* Grade C is the least refined, most nutritious grade of maple syrup.