Easy and tasty! Serves 1.
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables,* fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp wakame or other dried sea vegetable (optional)**
- 1 pinch each salt, pepper
- 1 tsp ginger, cumin, assorted herbs such as Frontier organic all-purpose seasoning (site)
Put all ingredients into a pot on low heat...so it barely steams. Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring so miso dissolves.
* Shown: frozen stew vegetables (carrot, potato, celery, onion)
** If you use dried sea vegetable, there's no need to rehydrate by soaking first; it will quickly absorb the cooking water.