Sweet, tangy, and as close to raw as you could want kale to be! Serves 1.
- 1 or 2 kale leaves, organic
- 3 mushrooms such as baby bella (optional)
- 3 tbsp oil, such as extra virgin olive
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon), fresh-squeezed organic
- 1 tbsp raw agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt, pepper to taste
Rinse and chop the kale as the steamer water is heating on medium. (Stems can be included; steaming softens them as well.) When steam rises, add the kale and cover. Cook no more than 5 minutes so the kale is tender but stil holds its shape.
Meanwhile, cut up the mushrooms and combine the other ingredients. When kale is done, put it in a serving bowl and immediately mix in the dressing and mushrooms and enjoy.