Read more about quinoa and how to prepare it at GoodFood. This recipe serves 1; multiply ingredients accordingly.
- 1/4 cup quinoa, red or white*
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large mushroom
- Mung bean sprouts
- Craisins or raisins
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil or cod liver oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt, pepper, herbs and spices to taste**
Slowly simmer the quinoa in 1/2 cup water until the water evaporates, about 15 mintues. Meanwhile, cut up the vegetables. Mix everything in a bowl and serve.
* For information on the value and preparation of quinoa, go to Good Food: Quinoa.
** It's best to use Real Salt (site) or sea salt, and fresh-ground pepper. A general mix of seasonings like Mrs. Dash will work fine, plus maybe some basil or oregano.